Both the OSHA and EPA require fundamental implemented safety programs for ammonia refrigeration systems. If your facility has over 10,000 lbs onsite, then you are subject to OSHA’s PSM (Process Safety Management) and EPA’s RMP (Risk Management Program) and industry RAGAGEP (Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices). If you are less than 10,000 lbs onsite, then your subject to the general duty clause, RAGAGEP, and minimum safety requirements.
At ARTS we strive not just for compliant facilities, but safe facilities. We believe that a well-developed, integrated, and implemented program will far exceed regulatory compliance and a striving culture is emerged. Our instructors have trained thousands of PSM professionals, and our auditors have audited hundreds of facilities during their careers.
We offer the following PSM services:
- Comprehensive PSM/RMP compliance audits (Required by OSHA/EPA every 3 years)
- Comprehensive PSM/RMP gap analysis
- Minimum NH3 Safety Requirements Evaluations (IIAR -9) (Required by IIAR every 5 years)
- SOP Creation
- Mechanical Integrity Inspections
- SOP Reviews
- PSM / RMP / RAGAGEP Consultation
All audits will include:
- Extensive review of existing compliance documentation
- Interviews with affected operating, maintenance, and management staff
- Walkthroughs of the refrigeration system and visual inspections of onsite conditions
- A full detailed official report of the analysis and any recommendation to improve safety and/or compliance
A compliance audit is meant to be a thorough, honest, and open evaluation of the PSM/RMP program and its implementation. External 3rd party compliance audits such as ours are key due to the knowledge of our auditors both on PSM/RMP, RAGAGEP, and ammonia refrigeration as well a lower business impact to your facility. If you are interested in PSM / RMP / RAGAGEP training please see this link. Give us a call today or visit link below to get a quote for your compliance audit service needs.